2017 m. birželio 15 d., ketvirtadienis

Lets talk about the soles

I have been searching the ideal slipper soles material for years. I tried natural latex liquid that was easy to apply but totally unsustainable product. It ribbed off easy and got dirty after short.

Then I started using leather that was fine until first washing. I also tried out some micro-porous sole sheet, that has to be glued to felt with help of toxic glue and sewn after. Toxic glue was not the material I wanted to work with at the home with to my girls playing around so I kept searching.

Today I'm using a kind of silicone liquid that has no odor and the label say its truly safe. Of course I had to play whit it for a while until I learned to finish my slippers quite pretty. The negative side of material I'm using now is being slippery on wet surfaces.




In my Etsy shop

So I suggest my clients do not forget they are buying indoor footwear. The soles are made to be stable on dry surfaces (it really woks on it well), but it's not a good idea to walk around the pool or wash the floor with wet wet mop and then walk on these wet floor. It would be uncomfortable.


And I'm still do not give up searching for something even better...



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą